The Change Room is a suite of tools and resources designed equip frontline managers with skills and techniques to support frontline staff to overcome barriers to change and manage the change around them. With these new skills frontline managers can facilitate positive growth within their organisation and amongst their staff to ensure the best possible outcomes for people with disability.
Have a look at this video to see the impact that person-centred approaches have on the lives of people with disability.
Changes at the Frontline
Watch this video of frontline managers and families talking about the opportunities and challenges of being part of the NDIS trial in the Hunter.
- 5 Ways to Well-being [PDF 228kB][Word 23Kb] Based on the 5 Ways to Well-being, this is a self-reflection tool aimed at enabling individuals to identify what they do well, and areas they can do more in to maintain a sense of positive mental well-being.
- Circle of Influence [PDF 19kB][Word 15kB] The circle of influence model can be used with individuals and teams to focus energy and attention on aspects of change that can be influenced and increase a sense of empowerment and control.
- Defining Change [PDF 27kB][Word 16kB] Encourages you to think about the following four areas: things you can continue to do, things you never could and still can’t, things you could before but can no longer, things you couldn't before but can now.
Context for Change: Understanding the NDIS
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Information about the NDIS for people with disability, families and service providers. Includes fact sheets, newsletters, policy updates and information relating to the roll out of the NDIS.
- National Disability Services (NDS) NDS' regular Member bulletin that gathers the intelligence across all trial sites into one location so that NDS can actively support, inform and involve all its members in the NDIS implementation.
- Stacey Peters, Mum And Full-Time Carer In The Hunter Region The experiences of Stacey Peters transitioning to the NDIS, a mum and full-time carer in the Hunter Region.
- Making it Personal: A provider's journey from tradition to transformation Making it Personal for Everyone is the second book about Dimensions UK’s personalisation journey. Making it Personal: A provider's journey from tradition to transformation was the first book.
- 5 Ways to Well-being Based on the 5 Ways to Well-being, this is a self-reflection tool aimed at enabling individuals to identify what they do well, and areas they can do more in to maintain a sense of positive mental well-being.
- Embracing Change TEDx Talks - Jason Clarke talks about embracing change.
The Change Room Workshops
A series of workshops were rolled out across NSW in 2014, designed to help frontline managers acquire and put into practice the right skills to adapt their own approach and that of their frontline staff in a time of major change. One vital skill is ensuring staff understand why the change is happening and are fully behind it – which is crucial to ensuring the process is a success.
If you would like more information about the workshops, or are interested in running one in your organisations, please contact Dion Beverakis.
Dion Beverakis, Person Centred Approaches Project Manager