Organisations with the business management capabilities required to thrive in a market-based system will be able to demonstrate good practice across a range of domains that include:
- Systems and information that measure outcomes and enable organisations to collect and report relevant data to provide evidence of the achievement of personal outcomes.
- A commitment to strategies focused on quality and continuous improvement over time.
- Ability to demonstrate quality externally and to people accessing services.
- Compliance with relevant standards and successful outcomes through independent verification or certification.
National Disability Insurance Scheme Quality and Safeguarding Framework and rules.
As of 1st July 2018 organisations in NSW wishing to offer services to participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) will need to comply with conditions set by the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission.
Providers should go to the NDIS Commission website for more detail on these requirements.
The NSW Ombudsman’s website also has information available that outlines the role of the NSW Ombudsman in quality and safeguarding in NSW.
It's Your Business Chapter 10 - Quality Management
Quality management provides a framework for service providers to understand what works well in their organisation, what needs to be improved and what needs to change to meet the needs of people receiving services. The It’s Your Business resource for Boards and CEO’s, developed by ADHC, includes a chapter on quality management. This can be accessed here.
NDS Quality Portal
The NDS Quality Portal is a simple online system that enables providers to self-assess against a wide range of health and community services standards, including all components of the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework:
- NDIS Terms of Business;
- Code of Conduct for providers and workers;
- NDIS Practice Standards Core module, and service specific modules 1-5;
- Verification module 6;
- Complaints Management and Resolution; and
- Incident Management and Reportable Incidents.
The NDS Quality Portal helps you build an action plan based on assessments, provides tools and templates to help complete required actions, stores any uploaded documentation as part of an ‘evidence pack’ and shows how you are tracking against industry benchmarks.
It also includes:
- A Document Library for uploading and managing documents available across the system.
- The ability to create multiple account users and allocate tasks to individuals.
- Optional email alerts that notify you when you have an action coming up.
- An easy system for reviewers and accreditors to conduct audits, without locking you into a specific accreditation provider. The NDS Quality Portal's flexibility means you continue to have choice.
What’s more, the NDS Quality Portal is perfect if you work with multiple standards, because you only need to complete a standards assessment once, and the completed work is applied across all relevant standards. It will help you to achieve real cost efficiencies by ending unnecessary duplication of work!
NDIS Provider Toolkit
The NDIS Provider Toolkit has been developed to help organisations to transition to the new market and maintain services that are viable and responsive, by helping them to understand and act to anticipate the opportunities and risks awaiting them.
Sector Support Consultants
The team of Sector Support Consultants is funded by the IDF to provide individual organisational development advice and guidance to the CEOs and Boards of all ADHC funded NGOs.
Resources: NDS Zero Tolerance
NDS Zero Tolerance provides a range of resources aimed at all organisational levels (including Boards) that assist disability service providers to understand, implement and improve practices which safeguard the rights of people they support.
Resources: The NDS Member Quality and Safeguarding Hub
The NDS Member Quality and Safeguarding Hub includes webinars recorded by NDS as well as links to resources and tools that will assist NDS members who are wanting provide services under the NDIS.